I was inspired to develop Soul Awaken Home Spa as a way of providing affordable self-care practices to be enjoyed through our online spa.
I've been administering services to women as a coach and in the spa atmosphere throughout my life. One thing I've noticed is that most women have a tendency not to value themselves or put themselves first. I believe that all things in a woman’s life will fall into balance and harmony as she cares for herself. As she heals herself all other things in her life will begin to fall into alignment.
Across the U.S.,Spas are offering traditional vaginal steam baths at an average cost of $60.00 to $75.00 for a 30 minute session. Some women feel they can't afford to treat themselves on a monthly basis for health maintenance. However, in other cultures this practice is done in the privacy of your own home and now it can done in yours.
Benefits of a V-Steam vs. Douche:
When a woman douches, it pushes bacteria and old fluids up into her womb could cause infection and discomfort. However, when using the steam bath, the vapor of the smoke reaches areas that douching can't reach. When we steam with herbs, it removes blockages from the reproductive organs.
Herbs for each treatment have been specifically chosen while considering the urinary and reproductive organs. Steams with herbs are cleansing, toning, purifying, stimulating to the senses & nurturing to the whole reproductive system.
Why Use Vagi-Steam Baths?
Infertility * Post Partum * Post Miscarriage * Post DNC * Fibroids * PMS * Irregular Menses * Blood Clots * Pain During Intercourse * Pelvic Muscle Tension * Pelvic Pain * Uterine/Bladder Weakness and Prolapse * Miscarriage * Ovarian Cysts * PCOS * Constipation * Hemorrhoids * Endometriosis * Vaginal Dryness
How to Steam
Healing Steams are a therapeutic treatment that will bring healing through the womb as well as relaxation to your soul. Vagi-steams are simple enough that you can do them in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a deep enough bucket or a sitz bath, boiled water to steep the herbs and something large enough to wrap yourself so the steam will not escape.
1. Place your chair, blanket, and whatever else you may want in a location that will be comfortable. Place a cutting board under the chair, or place chair on a tile floor. Have a glass of water, music, reading material set up in advance. Be sure you are wearing a long skirt, no underwear, and a warm natural fiber top.
2. Boil 1 gallon of water. When water is hot turn it off and add 1 cup herb mixture for 15 minutes. Continue to steep for an additional 5 minutes. If transferring into a bowl or sitz, do so now. Place pot or bowl under the chair/stool.
3. Test how hot the steam is. Remember your genitals are very sensitive to heat, you do not want to burn yourself! Do not sit down until the steam is comfortable for you.
4. Sit down. Be sure you are not wearing underwear.
5. Cover your entire lower half, all the way to the ground with the first blanket. Make a tent all around the chair, to keep the steam in.
6. Wrap the second blanket around the upper half of your body. Keep it wrapped around you, stay warm.
7. Steam for 20-30 minutes.
8. Keep warm, go to bed for 1 hour.
Vagi-steam is best done every two weeks when used for treating a fertility issue. For general fertile vitality (preventative maintenance), Vagi-steam baths are best done twice a year. You may also steam after your menses for refreshing. Treat yourself to a Vagi-Steam! Show her some love.
WHEN TO STEAM…
Vagi-steam is best done every two weeks when used for treating a fertility issue. For general fertile vitality (preventative maintenance), Vagi-steam baths are best done twice a year. You may also steam after your menses for refreshing.
For preventative care – 1 week before the 1st day of bleeding.
For cysts, prolapse, pelvic pain, fibroids, endometriosis – 2 – 4 x a week
After a DNC or miscarriage – wait 3 weeks, make sure there is no infection prior to steaming.
Post delivery, wait 6-8 weeks, making sure you are not bleeding and there is no infection
DON’T STEAM WHEN…
When infection is present
If there are symptoms of damp or moist heat in the pelvis, vagina or colon i.e.: vaginal infection, candida, yeast infection, bacterial infection, herpes outbreak
WHAT TO EXPECT…
You should expect changes in vaginal discharge, and a shift in your menstrual blood, duration of cycle and onset can shift as well. These are normal cleansing reactions and a good sign that your womb is cleansing.
Treat yourself to a Vagi-Steam. Show her some love!